My favorite necklace at the moment has to be this pearl long necklace with a gold cross (center). I got it at Selfridges when visiting my sister in London this past spring. She pulled it out of the bunch, thinking I'd like it. She was so right. Although I like to expand my necklace variety, I'm a pearls kind of girl- especially when there's a unique and trendy aspect to said pearls.
I LOVE the jewelry at Anthropologie: they are feminine and effortless, like if Zooey Deschannel's character in 500 Days of Summer wore statement necklaces. I can easily put an Antrho necklace on in addition to something totally plain, and it creates a good outfit.
My attempt to be artsy.
Statement Necklaces that I'm crushing on:
- Beaded Swag Bib Necklace: I think this is the perfect blend of simplicity and a jazzed-up necklace. It can also look so retro, especially in yellow. I like how it's also a bib, so it leaves plenty of room for an amazing outfit!
- Flat Spikes On Chain: The quintessential edgy necklace. It's not really like anything I have but I find it quite intriguing. This would look so cool with a plain white tank, slate colored jacket, and dark jeans.
- The Owl Necklace: I am SO smitting with this necklace. I LOVE IT. In white. Too bad it's not being sold anymore. REGARDLESS! I think this necklace shows how statement necklaces don't always have to be short. The owl is so cool and retro and wonderful. Ughhhh
- Kara Ross Double Knot Snake Chain: This is exactly what I want for the fall: the snakeskin is so elegant, yet, on trend. It reminds me a lot of this dress Kate Hudson wore to the Skeleton Key premiere YEARS ago.
- Haute Hippie Faux Peral & Crystal Necklace: This is PERFECT. I love how evolutionary the pearls are here. So perfect. I'm loving it. I would love my heavily anticipated "new style" to be something like this.