Wednesday 12 September 2012

Josie Natori S/S 2013

Without a doubt, New York Fashion Week is the greatest time of the year. Racing from show to show is a hassle, but  it's a stressful joy. How is that even possible? Go to NYFW and then we can chat. I attended Josie Natori's Spring 2013 presentation on Monday and let me tell you something: it was spectacular.

THE CLOTHES 
From bright maxi dresses to sequined trousers, Josie Natori's collection makes island fever chic. Taking inspiration from the Philippines, her native country, Natori offers everything you could possibly want in a show. Uber glam bottoms? Check. Boho-chic tops? Paired with the uber glam bottoms, obviously. Unfussy, white dresses were perfectly juxtaposed with standout jewelry (we'll talk about that in a jiff). Last but not least, vibrant island dresses closed the presentation. I know what you must be thinking, "This is a lot of different concepts for one collection." Hate to break it to you, but you're totally wrong. The presentation made a logical progression. Detailled whites were followed by colorful, detailled frocks. These dresses smoothly transitioned into punchy prints, which ultimately led to the grand finale. And like an ocean wave, it felt natural.

Another thing I loved about this collection was that Natori truly gave us "Ready-to-Wear" apparel. Not only is this collection wearable, but I genuinely want to wear these clothes. I want to wear the printed minidresses to an internship or meeting. I want to wear those disco-chic pants to a dance party (naturally). I want to wear printed asymmetrical maxidress to one of my Montauk getaways. And I want  to wear that white shirtdress to my favorite cafe. In my opinion, there's nothing better than liking, wanting, and styling a piece at first glance.











THE JEWELS
As an accessories buff, I always find myself swooning over the latest handbags, sunglasses, and jewels. Especially jewels. I cannot be more serious when I say that a life without statement jewelry is no life at all. This collection's array of necklaces and bracelets are must haves for the spring season. The Polynesian silhouettes will definitely give your ensemble the attention it deserves while the neutral colors are versatile enough to be worn with anything.  I also loved how these edgy necklaces were paired with feminine fabrics and patterns. If this isn't NYFW gold, I don't know what is.



THE SHOES
Just because I'm in a full-fledged love affair with jewels doesn't mean I don't appreciate a good shoe. Like any Carrie Bradshaw groupie, I gush over a nice heel. If the presentation taught me anything about shoes, it's that chunky sandals are in. As an avid wedge fanatic, I was so happy see a slew of wooden wedges at the presentation. The colorful details gave these kicks a necessary springtime twist.





THE BEAUTY
I'm such a sucker for amazing hair and makeup. Additionally, I'm a sucker for Asian-inspired trends. When somebody combines the two, you know I'll love it. Electric blue eyeliner upheld Natori's Asian inspiration while giving onlookers a beauty trend to lust over. It looks like I'm going to have to make a run to Sephora and get some bright eyeliner... want to join me? Not to mention the blue perfectly popped against the white ensembles. For a finishing touch, a bouquet of flowers gently rested on each model. While this may've looked cheesy with other collections, I think the wearable clothes with the avant garde headpieces was brilliant.





If I haven't made it clear enough, this collection is one of my favorites this season! In addition to Natori's fantastic show, I also covered Sammi Sweetheart's workout collection for Her Campus.

xx

1 comment: