Thursday 8 April 2010

Superman 'Dat....oooh?

Leighton Meester at the Date Night premiere in New York City. Thoughts? First of all, I didn't know that Meester was in Date Night, but evidently she plays the babysitter of Fey's and Carell's fictional family. And now the outfit. After many research attempts, I have no idea who created this dress. Like many critics, I like the outfit...just not the cape. I think that Meester matched the gladiator inspired heels and geometric print very well: it's almost like a past and future meet and have a nice dinner. The sporadic specks of green spice it up a bit...but the cape spices it up too much! As a fringe fan, I tried to love the fringe, I really did. But I just couldn't: the fringe contorts Meester's frame. You know what would've been kind of cool? Instead of a fringed cape, the skirt of the dress was fringed! I do admire Leighton Meester, though: she takes good risks and is rarely boring! I'm never a big fan of Leighton's make-up. To me, her face either looks overdone or underdone. But, I'm no beauty blogger. So Leighton, nice concept, but lose the cape!
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment