Wednesday 19 May 2010

Here's to You, Mrs. Robinson...



So me and two of my friends have been on a movie marathon frenzy lately. Every Saturday for two, almost three, weeks have been filled with movies, laughs, and the inevitable trip to the diner. This past Saturday, we all cozied up together and watched The Graduate. None of us have ever seen it, but we were curious and felt it was quite necessary. I really did like it!! The era, the concept, the famous "Mrs. Robinson" song by Simon & Garfunkel- so fabulous and so revolutionary!! My favorite part of the movie you ask? Mrs. Robinson. This movie actually made me want to become a cougar in my future. She was completely in control: she knew what she wanted and she so went for it! Although she seemed to be self- conscious when her daughter got in Ben's life, it is obvious that her "I am the shit" attitude exudes confidence. Love her. AND HER STYLE (here's the tie-in, folks) was awesome! She dresses magnificently. I don't want to annoy anyone with all of the occasions she dressed magnificently, so just see the movie. IT WAS JUST AWESOME! As I frequently reflect on her style, I realized that her style is not far off from things many people wear today. Black, fur coats, more black- TIMELESS CLASSICS. She's sexy, glamorous, and classy. Isn't that what we all want? ...I think so...


I gathered some pieces from my closet that I though best portrayed this cinematic legend. Yves Saint Laurent, Aqua, Victoria's Secret...anyone can become the next Mrs. Robinson! Just look for a young, sexy boy to seduce...

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment