Monday 24 May 2010

Breaking out the Band

So today I premiered a new headband (please view your left): my mom and I saw this a few weeks ago and decided that it was imperative that I owned it. It was so fun, unique, and springy. I was very excited, a wee bit nervous, to wear this headband to school: my jean vest combination could've made me easily mistaken for a Carrie Bradshaw 1980's wanna-be or a trailer home momma. But I loved it. For the record, I don't believe I resembled that scary model. I'm not going to lie, I did get some really odd looks. One man today at work said that he liked "the thing on my head" in a mocking tone. I was not really feeling it...but I assumed that they were all just jealous. Doesn't everyone want to had an amazing headband to rock? I think so... To me, a headband is the perfect accessory to have: it's not as outfit-consuming as a hat but it can solve a bad hair day. Also, they're so much fun: girly but edgy enough to make a statement. I could go on and on about Gossip Girl's Blair Waldorf and all of her headbands, but I am personally traumatized by last week's season finale and she went a little toooo overboard with the headbands.I believe the key is to accessorize with pragmatism. That being said, here are some fun headbands for all types of girls!

No comments:

Post a Comment