Wednesday 30 June 2010

The Fashionable Man




While sifting through this season's eclectic menswear collections, one thing kept running through my mind: innovation versus pragmatism. As I looked at the costume quality of Agnes B and the plunging necklines of Dior Homme, I wondered how many men would actually wear this. I know that my boyfriend, or any other male that I know would probably never wear some of these creations. But at the same time, I know that none of these collections are "uncalled for" or "inappropriate". On the contrary, I believe that majority of these collections are relevant and fun. I believe it takes a certain man to defy all concepts of what defines masculinity and embrace the art of being chic and fabulous. A fashionable man should not be deemed girly, but they are really fearless and filled with imagination: they have perspective and are not afraid to show it. To add to my current fascination with menswear, I have compiled a list of being a "Fashionable Man". It's also a perfect way to have a nice menswear round up. Killing two birds with one stone...PERFECT! Anyways, on with the list!

You Know You're a Fashionable Man When...

Well that was fun!
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment