Sunday 19 December 2010

The Weekly: I Don't Need the Answers

sooooooooooo
Let's discuss Pre-Fall 2011.
Overall, I think it's a pretty good collection. There is an incredible amount of variety, from Erdem's bright prints for day dresses to Reem Acra's fabulous sparkles for cocktails and evening wear to Zac Posen's sleek and sexy silhouettes. Variety is great, but it doesn't give many hints with trends. So for my personal entertainment, here is my collaborative list of what's in.

For all of those people who believe minis are hip, knee-length skirts are totally in are now.
PETA may not be happy, but hints of fur are uber chic.
Donna Karan is life-changing.
Even when you think fashion is androgynous, a stunning evening gown is always essential.

I urge everyone to check out some fabulous Pre-Fall 2011 Looks on style.com

Oh by the way, look how domestic I am!

ANYWAYS
Onto the Weekly! 
  • Rachel Zoe shopping in Beverly Hills: As we all know, I want to be just like Rachel Zoe when I grow up, maybe I'll have a little bit more meat on my bones but you get the idea. Even while running measly errands, she looks absolutely fabulous. Who wears platform boots (Atwood?) whilst shopping AND pregnant. She's so gutsy. And black doesn't look gothic or inappropriate during the day; however, it looks so effortlessly chic. Do the shoulder have a feather embellishments?! I'm obsessed. I think she's also dressing very appropriate with being preggers and all, unlike some of her other clients; Kate Hudson, I'm sorry for insulting you. Zoe, on the other hand, she's shutting it down.
  • Rachel Bilson at the Spike Video Game Awards (Dior/ Brian Atwood): What I admire most about Rachel Bilson's style is how low maintenance it is: she's so simple and effortless, which works for her. This blue works so well with her hair and complexion. Although the silhouette is rather simple, the complexity of the ruffles and mesh definitely jazzes it up. Also, wearing a nude pump  and minimal accessories was very smart of her. For the most party, I think Bilson dresses like a classy young lady.
  • Katy Perry at the Change Begins Within Benefit (Issa): To me, Katy Perry is a toned down Lady Gaga; she has her fair share of crazy costumes! This dress for her, however, is perfect. She is showing off some of her originality while staying a classy Mrs. Russell Brand. She never really wears things that are long and does not show her boobs, so to have her wear a long and rather conservative dress is amazing. Also, her long hair looks amazing, for the record, I am a long hair fanatic.  I do with, however, she accessorized with more bracelets or even a stunning earring. Regardless, Katy Perry looks like a fashion firework (punny right?).
  • Reese Witherspoon at the How Do You Know LA Premiere (Zac Posen): Similar to Rachel Bilson, Reese has such a classic style. To me, she's know boring but she's wise; she's been in the industry for a while therefore she knows what works and what is appropriate for her age. She's not trying to impress anyone with super tight minis. This Posen, for example, shows off her tiny waist but it's not sultry or anything. The pink feather effect is the perfect amount of trendy for Reese, because she's a mom at all. This look, like her overall look, is appealing because she's not trying to impress anyone. She just looks put together and it's fabulous! 


Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment