Sunday 5 December 2010

The Weekly: Some Good Fun

As a break of my continuous study session, which will come to its grand finale on December 16th, I went to a concert on Friday where I saw three INCREDIBLE bands.
Absolutely fabulous. Totally the type of music I love and we were pretty DAMN close! 
When at the concert, I kept analyzing their hipster/I-don't-really-care-but-I-kinda-do ensemble. Though it's second to Michael Buble's style, I always need a Michael Buble shout-out, I think it's pretty cool. This guy from Steel Train, that guy, wore a retro Mickey Mouse shirt and I was smitten. I'm apathetic to Hipsters, as a society, but I love when people have FUN with what they wear. To be honest, life isn't about being serious and neither is fashion.
Photo Cred: http://mogmusicnetwork.com/cms/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/IMG_0558-final.jpg

BEHOLD THE SWEATSHIRT! Don't you want to be best friends with this fellow? Contrary to popular belief, fashion is about giving yourself some personality and EXPRESSING! 

But here's my question, when this look wasn't cool and the boy band gel-ed hair was in, what were band mates wearing?
Photo Cred: http://www.bbc.co.uk/totp2/features/wallpaper/images/800/boyzone.jpg
Now...ONTO THE WEEKLIES

  • Mila Kunis at the Black Swan Premiere (Ellie Saab with  Louboutin Shoes): I will take this moment to tell you how bad I want to see Black Swan. SO BADLY! Who doesn't like twisted psychological thrillers with a few changements here and there? Nobody, I tell you! Anyways, she looks absolutely AWESOME. You know what else is awesome? This look. Mila is such a beautiful and young star so having that mix of sophistication and sex appeal is PERFECT for her! For example, she rocked the gown and sleek up do, but the overall silhouette gave it some va-va-vroom. The pale pinky lavender looks incredible with her complexion and topping it off, I love the Loubs! I think it's great, also, that she didn't take this time to over-acessorize this look: it makes her look understated but timeless.
  • Nicole Kidman at the Rabbit Hole Premiere (Clements Ribeiro): Obsessed. Obsessed. Obsessed. First of all, I love the midnight blue in contrast to her orange-ish hair. It's so striking! Even though Nicole Kidman is so beautiful, everyone tends to forget that she's a growing lady. Consequently, this dress is so age appropriate. All of the lace and hidden sparkles make the Ribeiro dress look chic and fabulous on her, but the hem line stays true to her age. And I love how she paired this blue dress with tan shoes, the contrast throughout look incredible. I remember watching a red carpet show many years ago and someone said that Nicole Kidman would look great in anything...yep, still true.
  • Selena Gomez at the Grammy Nominations (Asos): Say what you will about Selena Gomez, but I appreciate how she dresses like a classy young lady instead of a piece of trash. I love the asymmetrical hem on this Asos dress, it makes a potentially matronly dress look hip and YOUNG. I think this juxtaposition of young versus old is especially seen in her hair versus her shoes: the hair is so old school pin-up while the shoes are super young. If I was Selena Gomez, however, I would have picked something a little more flashy that stays in the black family. But overall, she always looks like a class act.
xx




No comments:

Post a Comment