Sunday 18 September 2011

The Style Files: I Can Barely Breathe, Near Your Features

This week, my fabulous friend introduced me to this song and I haven't stopped listening to it since. It's upbeat but still very hip. I hope you enjoy it.



STYLE-SPIRATION
Lately, I've been so busy I can barely breathe, but I will say that I successfully devoured Bazaar's September Issue this morning. I became instantly intrigued by Julie Macklowe when I saw her "A Fashionable Life" spread. The woman owns some of the McQueen from Savage Beauty. In the profile, she said that her life isn't the most casual, which I can relate to/ admire. So this week's style spiration goes to Julie Macklowe and to not being casual!
At the 2009 Costume Institute Gala (Oscar de la Renta). I'm so into this look. The dress is very extravagant and fairytale esque; however, she kept the accessories very simple slash completely nonexistent. Gorgeous. (Photo Cred)
At a YSL event (I have no idea who the designer is). I love how her shoes and clutch match perfectly; however, they are not annoyingly matchy-matchy. The detailing of the dress is beyond incredible and the simplicity of her accessories are the perfect counterpart. Definitely not casual! (Photo Cred)

I completely understand why casual looks are essentially to our well being and the world of fashion, but there's nothing like putting on a stellar outfit. It's just a boost of confidence
  • Leighton Meester at the Toronto Film Festival (Alexander McQueen): Even though McQueen created this gorgeous dress, this whole look is so Ralph Lauren, don't you think? I love the simplicity and cleanliness of the hair, dress, makeup, belt, and even the clutch. Those leopard shoes are the perfect pop! If this look could speak, it would say: "Oh, hey. What's up? POW!" STYLE DO: try pops of prints! I always love her effort to try something new. Sometimes, it doesn't work; however, she totally aced it this time! 
  • Beyonce in NYC (Michael Kors):How many pregnant people do you know who would wear this? Nobody? Yes? She looks flawless and fierce as always, even when she has baby Jay in her belly! The completely black ensemble is perfect because it really points focus at the amazing cut-out situation. Can Beyonce really do any wrong?
  • Emma Roberts at Stone Rose Lounge (Marchesa): I'm actually going crazy for this dress. The silhouette and hemline is so feminine; however, the soft leopard print makes this dress a little more current. That beaded belt is quirky, but surprisingly works for this look. She kept the rest of the look pretty classic, accessory wise. But can I just say that the soft updo is PERFECTION with this dress. 



Also, I'm so excited for the Emmy's tonight! I'm thinking sleek silhouettes and pops of color! 
xx

1 comment:

  1. I married into a lot of money and have nothing better to do with it then spend it on a bunch of ridiculous clothes and my self important self. So I can put link to articles about me, on my facebook page. So people can read more about ME. Don't you all just want to be ME ....

    Julie

    ReplyDelete