Sunday 11 December 2011

The Style Files: I'm Not a Part of a Red Neck Agenda

Stress enables people to do many things: smoke, drink, or maybe even eat an obscene amount of food. When I'm stressed, I love to listen to a good show tune. I know, who am I? With papers, projects, and finals galore this week, I developed a strange love for the Green Day musical, American Idiot. It all began when I started You Tube stalking John Gallagher Jr.: he's so cute! Now, I can't stop listening to their remedition of "American Idiot." I know I could've of easily made the song of the week Green Day's original version, I'm a blatantly honest person and don't like lying. Plus, this quirk is too funny to ignore.




STYLE SPIRATION: Rachel McAdams
From Mean Girls to Red Eye, I always find myself loving Rachel McAdams. She's a great actress and a super fabulous fashionista. If you don't believe me, scroll down to the weekly.  This week's edition of the Style Spiration is dedicated to Rachel McAdams for always being a classy actress and fabulous fashionista.

At the most recent Cannes Film Festival (Marchesa): I want this dress for my own- future- collection of Marchesa dresses. Amazing. The cherry red lace adds the perfect amount of drama to the nude background. I could picture this dress being a little provocative; however, I think it's so chic and dramatic and perfect. Paired with the feminine makeup and old Hollywood glamour hair? Perfection.  (Photo Cred)

At a 2006 Oscar Ceremony (Miu Miu): I feel as if most blondes stay away from yellow, but I love this color on her. I love how simple the silhouette and the detailing on the bodice is fantastic. The relaxed updo works with the dress so well. Since there's a lot of sparkle on the dress' bodice, the minimal jewels is good.  Last but not least, that red lip? It's everything.  (Photo Cred)
McAdams Food Shopping (Her own clothes, shocker): I just love how casual this look is; however, she's not wearing your typical sweat pants. The black accessories, knee highs, and boots really make the dress the look's focus. There's something pretty funky about that boot  and knee-high combo. I kind of like it, though. (Photo Cred)
At the 2010 Academy Awards (Elie Saab Haute Couture): Amazing. The dramatic skirt with the subtle floral print is brilliant. I love how she kept her hair up and the dangling earrings are the perfect amount of jewels for this look. Lovely. (Photo Cred)


THE WEEKLY

  • Rachel McAdams at the Sherlock Holmes sequel premiere (Marchesa): My jaw actually dropped when I saw this look. She always makes a splash on the red carpet, which I love, love, LOVE.  That silver ,mixed with the light pink light and blonde hair? Ah-maze-zing. Can we even begin to talk about that striking back? I'm going crazy over this look.   From the dress' length to the stunning details on the Marchesa- when it comes to fabulousity, leave it to Georgia Chapman- the look is so wintry! Beautiful.
  • Emma Watson at Lancome event in Hong Kong (Elie Saab): She literally looks like a fashion  princess. First and foremost, I love when people wear navy. I don't know why, but I do. The navy plus the stunning red lip? Don't even get me started. The metallic strapped heels acted as a neutral in this look, which I love. Fabulous.
  • Angelina Jolie at the In the Land of Blood and Honey premiere (Romona Keveza): I'm obsessed.  Navy and nude is such a stellar color combination, so that's amazing. That dress?  Phenomenal. The silhouette and the asymmetry? No words. However, I do wish she had a bolder eye or a really enviable, silver bracelet. Regardless, the navy and nude is incredible.
  • Olivia Palermo at the Valentino Virtual Museum Party (Marchesa): Well, this is beautiful. The sequined detailing on that Marchesa is gorgeous and I love how the dress is paired with those funky heels. I love Olivia Palermo's style because she does that quirky stuff; however, she always  looks undeniably chic. The feminine hair, makeup, and clutch are the perfect thing to balance such a show-stopping ensemble.
  • Lea Michele at The Tonight Show (Pucci): Fine, I'll admit it: Lea looks great here. The cohesiveness of the wavy hair and printed dress is right on. I also love how she's wearing hoops or dangling earrings. Though I think a pump would have been more winter-appropriate, the nude shoe does elongate her legs, which is always good. 
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment