Thursday 8 December 2011

Sheer Madness

I cannot tell you how many times I've seen fashionistas rocking the sheer top trend. In class, at events, or meetings, for example. EVERYWHERE. Before I tried the trend myself, I hated it. Call me an old lady, but I thought a bandeau was necessary. Some of my friends call me a "never-nude" because I always seem to cover myself up; however, I was itching to try this trend. 
What was so great about it? I was on a quest for answers.


When I was home for Thanksgiving break, I found this fabulous Catherine Malandrino shirt and knew that I had to have it and put this trend- test into motion. When I visited my friend last weekend, I realized that this social outing called for a sheer top. Obviously, I aso wore a fur vest for part of the night. Nothing can come between a Trendologist and her fur, after all.

For the record, I wore this shirt with black skinnies and black boots.

To be perfectly honest, I kind of loved this outfit. A sheer top, especially with a solid bra, gives this effortlessly sexy vibe. And who doesn't want to be effortlessly sexy? Also, I love the ruffles and dainty drama of this shirt: it makes the sheer aspect seem natural, instead of "Hey, this shirt is sheer." When I first put on this top, I was a little self-conscious because it leaves little to the imagination! As long as you have confidence and find a sheer top that complements your body, you should definitely give this trend a try!

I wore this shirt with a black, plunging Calvin Klein bra. Though I wouldn't recommend it, you could wear a more vibrant bra with this trend. Personally, a solid black bra with any sheer top makes this look seem classy. 


While I do deem this trend a style do, I do believe that there's a time and place for a sheer shirt. A classroom or meeting, for example, is not one of them. As long as you style with the effortless sexy in mind, you'll be fine! Keep it classy, fashionistas! 
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment