Sunday 5 February 2012

The Style Files: Now and Then I Think of all the Times You Screwed Me Over

When it comes to music, I have a very addictive personality: I'll literally listen to one song for days and mentally direct a really sick music video. This week? Gotye's "Somebody That I Used to Know." I'm always up for new music, so I was obviously so thrilled when one of my most fabulous friends recommended it to me. This song is a mix of sadness and angst, which I secretly love. Listen to this song and answer me this: does it make you want to cause a scene?






STYLE-SPIRATION: Cry Baby
This week, I decided to do something a little different with my Style Spiration section. Instead of focusing on a celebrity, I'm mixing it up and focusing on a movie. Yesterday afternoon, I watched Cry Baby for the first time and really enjoyed it for three reasons: 1) Johnny Depp is precious. 2) I'm a sucker for musical movies. 3) The clothes were surprisingly inspirational. I loved the mix of edgy biker chic and dainty dresses.  While both styles are stellar on their own, how cool would they look together? Think about it.

Talk about good girl gone bad! I'm obsessed with this dress and how it's styled. Red plus sequins? Out of control. I love the big hair and that red lip? Though some people may disagree , I think a red lip with a red dress is definitely a style do: uber glam. (Photo Cred)
This outfit is everything. I love the corset- inspired top and the leather skirt together. What I really love, which you can't see that well in this picture, is the makeup. Cat eye plus red lip? I'm dying of happiness. (Photo Cred)

Okay, so nix the lollipop and awkward neck scarf.  I love the whole combination of an oversized leather jacket and a pencil skirt. The perfect  mix of polished and edgy. What's cool about this look is that you can totally rock something like this now. Fashion has no time constraints. (Photo Cred)




THE WEEKLY
  • Keira Knightley at the Dangerous Method Gala Premiere (Burberry): I'm going crazy over this dress. The subtle key hole is so seductive, especially with that fabulous back. I'm just a sucker for dramatic backs and this one definitely did not disappoint. This maroon is stunning her skin tone and I cannot complain about the beauty. The dark eye plus the light lip? She looks so vampy, but in the best way possible. Amazing.
  • Rachel McAdams (Andrew Gn): Rachel McAdams always knows how to do high fashion in the most casual way. That silhouette is phenomenal. Although white's a little unexpected for winter, I love it: breaking rules is what fashion's all about. This look sans jewels is perfection: bracelets or even a necklace would've distracted everyone from the amazing craftsmanship. By now, all of you should know how I feel about a bold lip. So I don't even need to say it. 
  • Lana Del Rey at Late Night with David Letterman:I'm obsessed with this look. As you know, I'm such a sucker for a long-sleeved mini and this silhouette gives this look such a feminine twist. Love. And those clunky shoes? Forget about it! Her makeup is a little plain for this look; however, I love her simple hair. Simple, feminine, and chic. 
  • Blake Lively at a Godiva Event (Valentino): Literally, can she do any wrong? No, I really don't think she can. I love all of the texture in this outfit!  Keeping the colors light and feminine makes this look so aesthetically pleasing. The lack of jewels in this look is perfect: clean but still super fashion-forward and not boring! Also, the hair and makeup is the perfect thing to finish off this girly look. 


xx

No comments:

Post a Comment