Sunday 8 April 2012

The Style Files: So Say Hello to Falsetto in Three, Two...

I'm not sure if I'm having a quarter-life crisis or if I'm just nostalgic, but I cannot stop listening to these tween sensations.  Justin Bieber's "Boyfriend" is my everything right now: it's the perfect blend of poppy and swag. Also, how much do you love Justin's falsetto?


Style-Spiration: Fearne Cotton
I had the pleasure of viewing this English sensation's style on Who, What, Wear earlier this week- she truly did rock that pair of mirrored sunnies. Anywho, I'm obsessed with her style. Cotton is the quintessential part quirky, part rocker fashionista that dominates the UK. As you should know by now, I'm literally obsessed with all things British so this week's edition of "Style-Spiration" is rather predictable.
It's pretty simple: I really want that hat. I love how she pairs that hat with the funky, graphic top. So London. (Photo Cred)
I'm all about mixing crazy patterns lately. Cotton aces this trend by sticking to a similar, dark color palette. Consequently, the houndstooth and plaid act as neutrals. Ergo, the fierce blue bag is a "fun pop of color." The straight hair and refined makeup gives this look a polished vibe. Perfection. (Photo Cred)
I'm obsessed with how she mixes fabrics. The chunky sweater mixed with the liquid-inspired leggings are beyond. The wavy hair makes this ensemble so jojo(Photo Cred)
Funky fur? Mirrored sunnies? Sign me up! (Photo Cred)

The Weekly
  • Krysten Ritter at the Life Happens Premiere (Jenni Kayne): This dress offers a fun play between sophisticated and sensual. The black caps sleeves, paired with Ritter's shoulder length do, scream demure while the super sexy central slit shows us that there's more than meets the bodice. The black and white print is whimsical, while the column cut and black belt offer a minimalist twist. 
  • Taylor Swift at the ACM Awards (J. Mendel): By now, everyone should understand my eternal hatred for Taylor Swift; however, even I am admitting that this look is phenomenal. The cutouts offer a look that's sexier than Swift's typical wardrobe. The bedhead and smokey eye are the perfect finishing touches.  For a moment, I thought she was Jennifer Lawrence. Though I wish Jennifer Lawrence rocked this dress, I'm glad that Swift is finally starting to grow up. 
  • Lily Collins at the Mirror Mirror Premiere (Zac Posen): Collins ditched her Snow White aesthetic at this Parisian premiere and channels her inner temptress. The trumpet skirt plus the sweetheart neckline turns Collins into a smoldering seductress. The red lip plus the full, wavy hair? Forget about it! 

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment