Sunday 10 June 2012

The Style Files: Boy You Never Had Much Game

As much as I love teeny pop beats, I really do hate this song. Also, those grunts are pretty scary. However, I must admit this jam is trendy. Do me a favor: listen to this song and let me know if you can get it of your head. I personally cannot. Give me  a week and I'll probably be addicted.



Style Spiration: Jackie O

This weekend, I fostered a mild obsession for the Kennedy family. Not only was Jackie O a strong individual, but everyone is enamored with her style. To put it bluntly, she paved the way for 60's style. It's about time I give her the praise she deserves, don't you think? 
I'm obsessed with the monochromatic jacket and pants. So chic and still relevant! (Photo Cred)

Our girl knew how to accessorize. The camel wrap jacket acts as the perfect base for all these wonderful add-ons. Logistically, she's sporting a lot of accessories; however, they are not over-whelming because she keeps it all in the same color family. Ergo, the jewel-tone earrings are the perfect burst of color. (Photo Cred)
Perfection. The tailoring is genius, the gloves and pearls exude a regal touch, and that bow gives this ensemble a dash of femininity without looking like a doll. (Photo Cred)


I love when people wear leopard. This goes beyond the fact that I too enjoy a nice ferocious print. In my mind, people wear leopard to get noticed: they're confident and aren't afraid of criticism. Sometimes leopard can look a little...trashy. But leave it to Jackie to give us something fiercely polished.(Photo Cred)
The Weekly
  • Dakota Fanning at the American Film Institute (Gucci): Remember when Dakota Fanning was only 8 years old? You know, when she starred alongside Brittany Murphy in Uptown Girls. It's crazy to think that this former child star is just as relevant, not to mention super stylish, today. Everything about coral number is perfect: the subtle two-tone combination, the classic silhouette, the punchy black belt, and the modest V-neck work to create a cohesive look. This ensemble marks a perfect transition from Fanning's childhood style to a mature future. The simple accessories, hair, and makeup subdue the shocking coral.
  • Zoe Saldana at the CFDA Awards (Prabal Gurung): Let's be honest: anything that brings Zoe Saldana and Prabal Gurung together is automatically deemed brilliant. The super sleek hair as well as the "notice me" sheer accents create a sultry chic ensemble. Additionally, I can never resist a long-sleeved dress!
  • Fergie at the amFAR Inspiration Gala (Calvin Klein Collection): Do you remember that last time we saw Fergie look this classy? I sure don't! From her old Hollywood ringlets to the way her stylist assembled the black, proliferated dress, Fergie looks like a class act. Fergie finishes off this look with demure pumps and effortless makeup. Though she's dressing for the event, Fergie is looking more modest than usual. I must say it works for her! 

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment