Sunday 17 June 2012

The Style Files: The Worst Things in Life Come Free to Us

Time Out New York had a very special surprise this week. British songster Ed Sheeran came to our office and serenaded us. A nice mid-day concert, yes? Ed seemed super nice and is quite talented!




Style Spiration: Aureta Thomollari
No matter how old I get or how my personal style changes, I will always have a soft spot for quirky, unapologetic fashionistas. That's exactly what Aureta Tautou is. I truly admire her ability to defy typical fashion rules and adhere to her individuality. If there's anything more inspiring than unapologetic individuality, please let me know.
Yes, the perfect way to fly is with a turban. (Photo Cred)
Obsessed with her subtle mix of fabrics and patterns. The similar color palette anchors this look and makes it clean and edgy.(Photo Cred)
Retro-chic gets a modern twist when multiple floral prints are mixed with oversized sunnies. Also, I want that jacket! (Photo Cred)

The Weekly
  • Emma Stone at The Amazing Spiderman press event in Moscow (Lanvin): There are very few people who were made to wear a particular designer. So I'm really not exaggerating when I say that Emma Stone was made to wear Lanvin. Not only did she grace the Met Ball red carpet with Lanvin genius Alber Elbaz, Stone looks absolutely stunning in this yellow number. The solid black pumps create this mysterious, Parisian allure. The sophisticated updo and dainty earrings are lovely finishing touches. J'adore.
  • Chloe Grace Moretz at the Max Mara cocktail party: The sophisticated sheath plus the poppy turquoise hue equals pure perfection. I also adore that pop of yellow on her shoes- the simple dash of color makes this ensemble so youthful and fun.  Her luxe hair and minimal jewels creates this understated 70's aesthetic. 
  • Lea Michele at the Chrysalis Butterfly Ball (Pucci):  When's a better time to ace boho chic than the summer? Is it just me or is there something terribly bohemian about the summer in general? The backless gown plus the ethereal print is quintessential summer. Obviously, I'm crazy about the bright coral lip- so glamourous! 

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment