Tuesday 14 August 2012

8.14: What's Trendy?

I would officially like to welcome everyone to "Whats Trendy?," the new weekly section of The Trendologist. While this weekly post will be similar to the former "Style Files," I will now be discussing my top five favorite trends of the week, whether they are music, products, restaurants, etc. After all, trends are everywhere-- not just fashion. But obviously, there will be a heavy dose of fashion. Shall we get started? I think so!

1. Walk the Moon

Favorite band of the summer! One of my friends showed me the band's hit, "Anna Sun" a few months ago. Since then, I've found myself absolutely smitten with Walk the Moon. My favorite song of the moment? "Shiver Shiver"! The relatable lyrics mixed with the funky beat is perfection.
2. Rodarte's New Heels
(Photo)
Can we briefly discuss how ah-may-zing these Rodarte shoes are?  From the beaded details to the layered sand in the heel, leave it to the Mulleavy sisters to make every last frippery count. Although these shoes are quite crazy, I think they're extremely versatile. Rodarte's out of this world kicks would look stunning with a hi-low skirt, skinny jeans, or harem pants. So major.
3. Victoria "Posh Spice" Beckham
(Photo)
Honestly, what fashion person isn't obsessed with Lady V? Her quintessential high-fashion attitude and polished ensembles are bound to make any style savant swoon.  I adored the Spice Girls' reunion this past weekend, not to mention Beckham's Giles ensemble was fantastic. I loved how the dramatic train added some movement to Posh Spice's infamous LBD.
4. Benefit's Mod Squad
(Photo)
Listen up, beauty junkies: I'm head over heels in love with Benefit's Full-Finish lipstick. Over the past few years, I've been obsessed with the smokey eye/ light lip combination. In my humble opinion, Benefit's "Mod Squad" is ideal for this look. So Brigitte Bardot. For a finishing touch, pile on the mascara!
5. Miranda Kerr in Sydney
(Photo)
If you haven't realized yet, I'm extremely obsessed with black and white ensembles. Is it just me, or is that combo the definition of chic? Let's just say that Mrs. Orlando Bloom nailed this look. Kerr spices up the otherwise noir outfit with a hypnotizing jacket. Want to copy this look? Make sure you add that cropped pant or else you'll look too wintry. A poppy red lip and the super sleek hair act as the perfect finishing touches. J'adore.

xx

1 comment:

  1. Miranda kerr is always trendy :)

    http://primpedandprimed.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete