Tuesday 5 February 2013

I Fancy: Shoes

It should come as no surprise that I love to shop. Scratch that, I'm obsessed. Between devouring my favorite glossies to my time in London, I've been suffocated with inspiration. Consequently, the need to shop and style has become borderline unbearable. But why just keep my fashion fantasies between me and my wallet? Enter my latest blog series, "I Fancy." Check out what I'm craving each week.

As impressive as Big Ben and Kensington Palace are, I can't help but look down... at the local's shoes, obviously. The fearlessness that London's chic elite embrace every single day as they plan their ensembles is inspiring, especially when it comes to their choice of shoes. Gone are the days when simple ballet flats will do. Now, it's all about being an individual, head to toe.


I Fancy: Shoes



Nicholas Kirkwood platform heels / rag & bone lace up wedge boots, $320 / rag & bone leather shoes / Prada shoes, $620 / Frye / Loeffler Randall / Dr. Martens flat boots, $195 / River Island studded shoes, $48 / AX Paris flat boots, $47


1. Lace-Up Espadrilles: Who needs a pop of color when this funky print offers a similar sartorial punch? Though espadrilles usually scream summer, I couldn't gush about these shoes soon enough. Casual and stylish, these kicks are the ideal transition piece.
2. Doc Martens: Rest assured, these shoes can be chic. Whether paired with skinnies and a cozy beanie or juxtaposed with an ethereal lace dress, Doc Martens are surprisingly versatile. In a versatile color, of course-- bright pink Docs are obviously a "stand out" piece.
3. A Serious Heel: I really mean a serious heel. The daring height plus the juvenile Mary Jane silhouette is genius. Whether you pair them with a classic LBD or rock the nerdy look with a pair of ruffled socks, these shoes are sure to be a hit.
4. Penny Loafers: The middle-aged woman in me is so in love with this anti-trend. Though these shoes are probably as retro as your grandmother's plastic couch, spice them up with a cutting-edge look and allow them to act as a versatile staple.
5. Wedge Booties: Even stiletto-stomping trendsetters have to admit that wedges are the best way to score some much-needed height. Can we say comfortable?  I'm absolutely obsessed with this woodsy approach to the widely popular shape. It's very "Katniss Everdeen hits the catwalk." So smitten.
6. Low Chelsea Boot: Can it get more British than this? the length suggests edgy while the sleek silhouette screams minimalism. Amazing. Plus, these kicks are the perfect going out shoe if you don't want the achy arches in the morning.
7. Desert Boot: Forgo your cowgirl boots and put your best foot forward with the hottest western-inspired shoe. While this may not be your funkiest pair of kicks, they offer the perfect dose of effortless chic.
8. Fun Smoking Loafers: If I had to pick two male style icons to emulate, I'd have to say Liberace (naturally) and Chuck Bass. These masculine loafers? Totally Chuck Bass. The sleek silhouette paired with the canary yellow and braided detailing offers a really cool take on a classic shoe. Basic enough to complete a zany look and crazy enough to be the standout accessory? I'll take a pair!
9. Traditional Slingbacks: Crazy kicks are all the rage; however, it's imperative to go back to the basics every now and then. Unlike my other picks, these offer a sophisticated twist to any ensemble. And deep down, doesn't everyone want to channel their inner Audrey Hepburn? Exactly.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment