Saturday 3 April 2010

Chic Read

Calling all Carrie fans! I just learned about perhaps the chicest book that's coming sooner than next Fashion Week. Let's walk through the experience, shall we? While hanging out with two of my absolutely fabulous friends yesterday, we walked into Borders in hopes of finding a book. I've recently had an issue with books: the thrill of plots, characters, and setting are lost due to the treacherous essays and critical analysis that has dominated my high school career! I used to love reading so much as a younger child, but I now feel like it's chore. "Read up to Chapter 8 and answer these questions". It's quite overrated. But I am always trying to find something captivating that will let me fall back in love with reading. I didn't have any luck, so I decided to check out some magazines. And there is was, on the cover on this month's Teen Vogue: "EXCLUSIVE Book Excerpt! The Sex and the City Prequel!" It felt like I may have had a heart attack. I quickly opened up the magazine and searched for the designated page. So this is what I've gathered: Candace Bushnell, the angel who inspired the Sex and the City series, has decided to write a book about high schooler, Carrie Bradshaw, in "The Carrie Diaries". Evidently, it is about friendship, boys, and 80's fashion. So basically like Sex and the City Jr? COUNT ME IN! Of course, the book must be different than the television series, so I suggest that we all get to know Candace Bushnell's Carrie Bradshaw before we read this book. There are many criticisms saying that a younger set of readers won't understand the 80's throwbacks; so we'll learn them! Unfortunately, this book doesn't come out until April 27th, so mark it on your calendars!
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment