Thursday 1 April 2010

Not Gonna Reach My Telephone!










While me and my friend, Emily aka cutluvandprosper.blogger.com ,were shopping until we literally dropped in London, we saw simply one of the coolest window displays. There, right in front of us, was Lady Gaga and Beyonce-esque mannequins dressed in their "Telephone" in the window of Bershka. I do believe that window displays are completely important: they show us what to expect when we enter their store. I mean, isn't it the window displays in Saks Fifth Avenue that excite us every Christmas? Everyone has flipped through Vogue or Harper's Bazaar, wishing they could emulate the fabulous cover girl or pull off a
certain trend seamlessly. But there's one
problem: you have no idea how to begin! Window displays are the perfect antidote for this problem! They say "home hither, I'll solve your fashion problems". Although Bershka has a Spanish origin, they target clothing at all fashionable teenagers. Emily and I had been to many places to shop: Brick Lane,Selfridges, TOPSHOP (my absolute favorite),and other random stores. We passed this store a plethora of times, completely ignoring its existence. The only reason we went in was because of the window display. Having just seen "Telephone" in it's entirity, I was intrigued to enter Bershka. Could I purchase all of these outfits, somehow transform my hair into Gaga's crazy locks, and poison a whole diner?! Unfortunately, that didn't happen, but I think this window display was genius on Bershka. Love her or hate her, I personally love because she's embracing originality, Lady Gaga is one of the hottest celebrities and fashion icons of our newborn decade. And "Telephone" is so hot right now; it's currently the number one downloaded music video on iTunes. Although I absolutely love all window displays because of their artistic quality and originality, this is my absolute favorite! It added both pop culture and fashion together. All of the other window displays are strictly fashion with a concept, but I think it's important to add a whimsical fashion world into reality. Now if you all excuse me, I'm going to listen to some Lady Gaga now!

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment