Sunday 25 April 2010

I Heart Zac


Whenever I think of Zac Posen, the picture of the SATC girls- Carrie, Charlotte, Samantha, and Miranda- walking towards Carrie's wedding comes to mind. Those three gorgeous bridesmaid dresses were revolutionary, in my mind: Posen "poo poo-ed" the idea of a homogenous collection of shitty fabric and unflattering color and ultimately made a wedding, a fictional wedding but a wedding nonetheless, a fashion show. So without a doubt, he's a genius. Of course I was intrigued, and excited, to see what he was cooking up for Target, this whole primer designer for less thing is a trend of it's own! Quite honestly, I loved it. Absolutely loved it. I may go so far to say that I loved it more than his more expensive things! When browsing through the lookbook, I thought this but I was afraid to come to terms: shouldn't I be liking the multi-hundred apparel? But then I realized how silly that is! The thing about fashion is that you don't have to be a bajillionaire to have good taste; of course, I knew this before but that uber- cliche moral really came to life in this collection. Although I like to try new things, I generally aim towards the girly and sparkly things (who doesn't like shiny things). Consequently, this collection is just CALLING my name! There's ruffles, florals, even gold swimwear (I want gold swimwear, how sick would THAT be)! It's just fun. Everything about it: fun, fun,fun! I think one of my favorite pieces was the loose tank top that had "Zac" written in "lipstick"(pictured). I know it's kind of anticlimatic to like that one so much but I thought it was girly and fun and it would be so cute to wear with a high waisted skirt of some sort. And the prices were pretty good, typically ranging from $40-$200. I've always liked going to Target, it's really the perfect way to kill time. But a big thank you to Mr. Posen because he gave me another reason!

xx

CHECK IT OUT:

http://fashionista.com/2010/01/first-look-zac-posen-for-target-lookbook/

No comments:

Post a Comment