Monday 3 May 2010

MET Ball 2010

I believe it is pretty safe to say that the MET Ball is one of the primer fashion events of the year. Although the "main focus" is the opening of the "American Woman: Fashioning a National Identity", the haute fashions is what I pay attention to. Personally, I think this red carpet is not about wearing something "pretty" but wearing amazing couture pieces: it is about wearing art. This is not the red carpet to play it safe. On the contrary, this is the carpet to do something zany and creative. Of course when there's a major red carpet ordeal, I need to share my opinion.Overall, I think that some played it a bit safe (Zoe Saldana, you should've worn theGivenchy to this). So readers, welcome to my MET Ball 2010 Best&Worst Dressed List.


JUDGE FOR YOURSELF: http://www.style.com/peopleparties/parties/thumb/redcarpet-050310_Costume_Institute_Gala/?page=3

THE WORST
  • Anna Wintour: Am I allowed to think this? I feel like a hex is going to be placed on me but I just really didn't like it! Honestly, Bee Shaffer, her daughter, looked so much better! She usually dresses amazing but I hated the ruched dress, such a classy lady shouldn't be wearing that!
  • Diane Kruger: Diane's been doing me wrong lately. The Oscars were so-so and now this?! I hate minimalist looks and this was the epitome of that.
  • Blake Lively: With the dreadful color repeat aside (last year, anyone?) this was not a flattering dress. The detailing was interesting but it made her look chunky and not sexy.
  • Kristen Stewart: The shear skirting. Enough Said.
  • Sarah Jessica Parker: I HATE PUTTING YOU ON THIS LIST! In my mind, Sarah Jessica Parker is such a style icon but this outfit was doing her no justice!
  • Jessica Biel: Did we time warp? Are you back in 7th Heaven? I don't see how this is chic.
  • Taylor Swift: White looks good on her, but I feel like I've seen this before. This ball is the perfect time to praise creativity and originality. But this was just boring.
  • Janet Jackson: Boob fest 2010. I know you should shake what your mama gave you, but not for the Costume Institute Gala!
  • Vera Farmiga: It honestly looked like stole Granny Farmiga's bedding! She's such a beautiful woman, but she needs to realize how sexy a tight evening gown would look!
THE BEST (I, myself, am extremely surprised to have more Best Dressed than Worst Dressed, but that's a good thing, right?)
  • Claire Danes: The brocade and the structured bodice gave me a medieval vibe, which I was liking! It was traditional but a wee bit edgy at the same time.
  • Oprah Winfrey: As a co-chair for the event, I thought she look beautiful. The navy looked amazing with her skin tone and the dress was so flattering! And it didn't hurt to have Mr. de la Renta by your side!
  • Emma Watson: There are two things I love: Grecian inspired dresses (I suppose it's not Grecian inspired but I instantly thought of Greece when I looked at this dress) and Emma Watson. She always look so fresh, youthful, and sophisticated at the same time!
  • Katy Perry: Say what you will but, as I said before, this gala is about creativity and avant garde outfits. The LED lights were zany but so cool that I was in awe! And best of all, Katy still embodied her Betty Boop look!
  • Jennifer Lopez: Jenny from the Block has been doing it so right lately! The silhouette was gorgeous and I loved the sparkles! She's being the glamour diva that the media has built her up to be!
  • Sienna Miller (Pictured): FAVORITE! Everything was so right: hair, makeup, the color of the dress, the silhouette, the shoes, EVERYTHING. I love you, Sienna Miller.
  • Kate Hudson: The sparkles at sexy silt made for something unusual without being too weird.
  • Nicole Riche: This isn't that special, but I secretly have a little crush on Nicole Riche's style...and I love sparkles!
  • Anne Hathaway: Although I wish the color was bit better, I did love this! The hints of sequins made me so happy and regardless of "fashion forwardness", I love a good tulle ball gown!
  • Brooke Shields: Ugh this woman is so beautiful. All of the time. Although this Michael Kors dress wasn't risque, I think it's timeless quality mixed with the shimmery gold mixed with the timeless beauty of Brooke Shields created something special!
  • Chloe Sevigny: What I like about this outfit is the fusion of old and young: a fresh color, lace, a high neckline, a mini length. Genius.
  • Mila Kunis: The Vera Wang gown was a juxtaposition of a princess ball gown and a gothic vibe, which I loved. Also, the midsection had smart embellishments! And she looked absolutely radiant!
  • Elizabeth Banks: I've never seen her like this, but she looked so cool! I loved the idea of lace tights and feathers! It was so edgy, so chic. She made black look cooler than it has in a while!
  • Tina Fey: I like the idea of a playsuit and the risque zipper in the front: she's trying, guys!
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment