Monday 31 May 2010

A Mistake

After spending a weekend in the glorious Montauk area, I finally got to see Sex and the City 2 (SATC 2) with two of my friends. Although many of my other friends have expressed their discontent with the sequel, we still wanted to see it...and almost wanted to leave. It was absolutely terrible: the plot was...well there was no plot, the characterization of our favorite four was completely off (since when does Charlotte get CRAZY obsessive and Miranda is the peppy one? WRONG),majority of it wasn't even in the City (Sex and ...the Desert?) it was all too cheesy and didn't have that sophisticated wit we all know and love. WHAT IS THIS?! But you would think that this terrible TERRIBLE movie would have AMAZING clothes that we aspiring fashionistas would toss and turn over...I mean... Pat Field is a genius when it comes to costuming Carrie, Charolette, Samantha, and Miranda, right? WRONG! WHAT HAPPENED, PATTY POO?! Everything was either TOO basic or just TOO ugly. Of course, Carrie Bradshaw, played by Sarah Jessica Parker, had the best fashionista opportunities - they were all really boring. And that stupid clover necklace she always wore pissed me off TOO MUCH. Usually, Pat Fields dresses the ladies up in sophisticated, unique, AND classy ways I saw NONE of this in the movie: everything was expected, boring, or ugly! I envied nothing. And that's what bothered me MOST about the movie. So instead of HATING Sex and the City ... let's remember the good times...or we can try.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment