Tuesday 8 June 2010

Red Carpet: A TWO FOR

Well this was a prominent week in the world of fashion: The MTV Movie Awards were this Sunday, stars strutting some chic fashions down the carpet. And as we all know, or should know, yesterday was the 2010 CFDA (congratulations to all of the winners... you all rock). So obviously I have a bundle of best dressed/ worst dress shenanigans to do. But since it's TWO events, and I'm feeling quite optimistic, I have decided to only do the best dressed this time. I mean...who wants to look at a bunch of plain or disgusting outfits over and over and over again? not me. So enjoy, ladies and gents.





THE 2010 MTV MOVIE AWARDS



  • Jessica Biel: I loooooved this so much. It reminded me of this black, pink , and white Nanette Lepore dress (which i can not find a corresponding link) from four years ago but so much better. She looked gorgeous and I thought the dress (or skirt/blouse combo) was the perfect combination of classic and fun (the blouse and feathered skirt, respectively). It was like a trendy Audrey Hepburn!

  • Miranda Cosgrove: Although I am not her biggest fan, I thought she looked very pretty. The cut and hem line was age-appropriate but the crossing on the bodice gave it that extra spice it needed. Although some disagree with the color, I think it was perfect in a sea of blacks and metallics.

  • Christian Siriano: Why is this guy so cute? I don't believe the MTV Movie Awards should be taken as seriously as the Oscars so people should have fun, but look glamourous and classy. I think he nailed it: the black shirt with the white writing was funky, but the black suit gave it a sense of class.

  • Elizabeth Reaser: WHO DOESN'T LOVE A GOOD PLAYSUIT!?! I almost didn't see this one but THANKFULLY that changed. Although I typically dress feminine, I loved the strong sense of masculinity in this piece. It was sexy, sophisticated, PERFECT for this kind of award ceremony! I don't know who you are , Elizabeth Reaser, but I'm watching you!

  • Sandra Bullock: I don't really get people when they say they don't like Sandra Bullock: she's an amazing actress, a strong individual, and an up and coming fashionista. Despite her Johnny Weir appearance at the Oscars, I love seeing her fashion growth during the awards- and this one did NOT disappoint! I love sparkles and drama so this long sleeved mini with an incredible plunging back was AWESOME. And when Betty White makes a comment about your dress... you know it's worthwhile.


...they weren't as exciting as I hoped they would be...moving on!





THE 2010 CFDA


In my personal opinion, I thought the celebrities on the carpet really stole the spotlight.



  • Gwyneth Paltrow: Classic. I loved the simplicity of a long, black evening gown and the unexpected sparkles: the perfect combination. And when you have Michael Kors on your arm, everything is quite alright.

  • Liya Kebede: Eclectic, off-beat, but very chic. I loved the combination of the two metallics ( it seems to be making a come-back). The quirky hemlines and bodice pushed the envelope, but it was absolutely delightful!

  • Whitney Port: I'll admit, I am a major fan of The City. I like Whitney Port and the clothes she generally wears (and Olivia Palermo...even though she's kind of rude). I LOVED THIS DRESS. A major concept of Whitney's whole persona is to be sophisticated and youthful; she absolutely nailed it.I loved the silhouette combined with the silver shimmer.
  • Alexis Bledel:I've never really thought of her as a fashionista but I think this dress gave the perfect blend of edgy and classy. The one shoulder and glimmered fabric was daring, but the mini-dress hem line was quite expected. I just loved it.
  • Rachel Zoe: In the words of Zoe, this was "BAH-NAN-AHS". She looked absolutely incredible. I loved that deep saphire, the plunging neckline, and the high cut. I LOVED IT I LOVED IT. I'm a sucker for long sleeves and I loved the vintage vibe of this dress. Everyone else's outfits were innovative and new, but this one genuinely seems timeless to me!

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment