THE 2010 MTV MOVIE AWARDS
- Jessica Biel: I loooooved this so much. It reminded me of this black, pink , and white Nanette Lepore dress (which i can not find a corresponding link) from four years ago but so much better. She looked gorgeous and I thought the dress (or skirt/blouse combo) was the perfect combination of classic and fun (the blouse and feathered skirt, respectively). It was like a trendy Audrey Hepburn!
- Miranda Cosgrove: Although I am not her biggest fan, I thought she looked very pretty. The cut and hem line was age-appropriate but the crossing on the bodice gave it that extra spice it needed. Although some disagree with the color, I think it was perfect in a sea of blacks and metallics.
- Christian Siriano: Why is this guy so cute? I don't believe the MTV Movie Awards should be taken as seriously as the Oscars so people should have fun, but look glamourous and classy. I think he nailed it: the black shirt with the white writing was funky, but the black suit gave it a sense of class.
- Elizabeth Reaser: WHO DOESN'T LOVE A GOOD PLAYSUIT!?! I almost didn't see this one but THANKFULLY that changed. Although I typically dress feminine, I loved the strong sense of masculinity in this piece. It was sexy, sophisticated, PERFECT for this kind of award ceremony! I don't know who you are , Elizabeth Reaser, but I'm watching you!
- Sandra Bullock: I don't really get people when they say they don't like Sandra Bullock: she's an amazing actress, a strong individual, and an up and coming fashionista. Despite her Johnny Weir appearance at the Oscars, I love seeing her fashion growth during the awards- and this one did NOT disappoint! I love sparkles and drama so this long sleeved mini with an incredible plunging back was AWESOME. And when Betty White makes a comment about your dress... you know it's worthwhile.
...they weren't as exciting as I hoped they would be...moving on!
THE 2010 CFDA
In my personal opinion, I thought the celebrities on the carpet really stole the spotlight.
- Gwyneth Paltrow: Classic. I loved the simplicity of a long, black evening gown and the unexpected sparkles: the perfect combination. And when you have Michael Kors on your arm, everything is quite alright.
- Liya Kebede: Eclectic, off-beat, but very chic. I loved the combination of the two metallics ( it seems to be making a come-back). The quirky hemlines and bodice pushed the envelope, but it was absolutely delightful!
- Whitney Port: I'll admit, I am a major fan of The City. I like Whitney Port and the clothes she generally wears (and Olivia Palermo...even though she's kind of rude). I LOVED THIS DRESS. A major concept of Whitney's whole persona is to be sophisticated and youthful; she absolutely nailed it.I loved the silhouette combined with the silver shimmer.
- Alexis Bledel:I've never really thought of her as a fashionista but I think this dress gave the perfect blend of edgy and classy. The one shoulder and glimmered fabric was daring, but the mini-dress hem line was quite expected. I just loved it.
- Rachel Zoe: In the words of Zoe, this was "BAH-NAN-AHS". She looked absolutely incredible. I loved that deep saphire, the plunging neckline, and the high cut. I LOVED IT I LOVED IT. I'm a sucker for long sleeves and I loved the vintage vibe of this dress. Everyone else's outfits were innovative and new, but this one genuinely seems timeless to me!