Sunday 6 June 2010

Your Inner Fashion Animal

For the past few weeks, I have been completely infatuated with Tom Selby and "The Selby". I think his pictures are honest, authentic, and a wee bit quirky. He's taken pictures of FABULOUS people like Karl Lagerfeld and Christian Louboutin. But my absolute favorite thing of Selby, at this moment of time, is his "Animals in Fashion" illustrations. They trigger imagination, are very cute, and quite fabulous. These illustrations, drawn by Tom himself, incorporate a plethora of designers' names and their designs: Louis Vuitton, Michael Kors, Alexander McQueen, Alexander Wang, Dolce & Gabbana, Balenciaga, Proenza Schouler, Giles, Viktor & Rolf, and a several more. My personal favorites are the Vuitton-ed Woolly Mammoth (pictured and currently my background, NBD) and the D&G hedge-hog. And who says fashion isn't a jungle?
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment