Tuesday 15 June 2010

Resort: Louis Vuitton

I was in the mood to do a good 'ol runway report. When I saw the Louis Vuitton Resort collection, I knew that I had to discuss it. I loved it. A lot. I'm starting to think that I should start doing reviews about collections I didn't like. But for now, let me praise about Vuitton. I just love what's been going on over there, thanks Marc! Everything's been well crafted, and some what nostalgic. This collection? It so reminded me of one of my favorite movies as a child: Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. It was so traditional and proper, yet had a bit of fun and carni chic, shown via the stripes. It was fun, but didn't make me feel uncomfortable because it was TOO much fun. But not everything wasn't so : some pieces were a bit more progressive. Like the look with the matching leggings and jacket. It reminded me a lot of the outfit Leighton Meester wore last year to the MET Costume Gala...but I liked this one better. The silhouette was something creative, but the fabric was still relevant to the overall collection. All of the suits and dresses just made me want to watch Chitty Chitty Bang Bang all over again!

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment