Sunday 19 September 2010

The Weekly: Gothic Glam

So I went to the Boston Swan Boat ride today, which has nothing to with fashion but I still enjoyed it. It was incredibly fabulous and serene, which is so ironic in the chaotic city of Boston. I decided to show some of the pictures I took today before we got to the lovely weekly looks that I found.
Funky, right?!

How GORGEOUS is the Public Garden?!
The SWAN BOAT.
SO ANYWAYS... onto the weekly looks! I've been so busy that I haven't seen too many but I the ones that I loved this week...I LOOOOVE. All three of them had some kind of creative ornate gothic quality that I'm loving, especially as we are entering fall. Sooo here they are!

  • Blake Lively at "Live with Regis and Kelly": SHE'S BEEN OWNING IT SO MUCH LATELY. I'm absolutely obsessed with the juxtaposition of a plain leather skirt and a fabulously frilly top. Tough meet feminine meets uber chic. And a blue leather skirt speaking of leather? So fierce, so now, so lovin' it.  This is also a prime example of how TO wear feathers. I loooove this.
  • Cate Blanchett (Vintage Christian Larcoix Haute Couture): JAW-DROPPING INSANITY. I love scarlet and gold together: it looks so edgy, yet, so regal at the same time. The detailed bodice was breath-taking. Also, the fading design, which turns into a scarlet train was so good: it wasn't too much or too less, JUST ENOUGH. The make-up also was really natural, which allowed the attention to be right where it should be: the dress.
  • Carey Mulligan at a Never Let Me Go Screening (Elie Saab): So I really HATE Carey Mulligan: I hate her face because it bothers me so much. But there's no denying that this Elie Saab was worn extremely well. The semi- revealing bodice was extremely sexy and a super good match with the semi- fringed skirt. I've said it before and I'll say it again, it is crucial that the B in LBD doesn't stand for BORING. I don't like when black dresses boring, accessorized poorly, and have zero innovation. But this looks absolutely amazing on her and it's a beautiful dress in general!
xx



No comments:

Post a Comment