Sunday 10 October 2010

The Weekly: I'm Fine Baby How are You?

So this week was lovely: a bunch of studying for my dreaded midterms and then I got to pack my things, hop on an express Amtrak, and go hooooome. Going home and being home is so refreshing and nice: going back to all that's familiar. It's been packed with errands, seeing friends, eating food, and SHOPPING. It opened my eyes about what I'm looking for during this Autumn season.

GLAMOUR: These Vena Cava for Aqua shorts are incredible and are the epitome of glam, something that's always a necessity!

COLOR! I'm craving some warm colors with a bohemian texture or print. Think Free People!

FUN AND FUNK. Fashion is fun and it's fun when you're funky.
Going home has also made me realize how much I miss a true Autumn. Unless you go to the Commons, crunchy leaves and changing colors go unnoticed. Although I'm a summer baby, I LOVE LOVE LOVE the fall: it's the perfect juxtaposition of warm and cold. And the color scheme is awesome. I really just want  some pumpkin pie or an apple picking spree. Buuuut I leave tomorrow so that's probably not going to happen. But a girl can dream, right?
:)

AND NOW TO THE WEEKLY LOOKS!

  • Naomi Watts at the Fair Game Screening: I've said it before and I'll say it again, the only way to succeed with a LBD is something really classic (a la Audrey Hepburn) or something really creative. Naomi opted for the creative LBD and I'm LOVING it. The silhouette is pretty cool, I love all of the edgy aspects of it. And the muted gunmetal pumps turn it into something quite spectacular and classy.
  • Rachel Bilson at Dior: Some of my friends and I had a mini O.C marathon, and even though her style in the show is rather ugly, I love Rachel Bilson's personal look. And this pink Dior looks incredible on her. I'm not the biggest fan of the strappy heel but the dress is so gorgeous and feminine and I just love it.
  • Emma Roberts at Teen Vogue Party: Okay so I'm really not a fan of Emma Roberts, she's pissed me off ever since her stupid Teen Nick Show. But I will be fair, the girl can dress. And I especially LOVE this Malandrino on her. She's looks reeeaaallly old but I love the drapery and this purple is absolutely ravishing. I think a messy updo would look so awesome with this dress: extremely greek goddess-ish.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment