Tuesday 26 April 2011

Children of the Revolution



A few days ago, The Rachel Zoe Report  posted this really awesome guide for Boho Chic. Because this is  a look I'm trying to achieve more and more, I fell in love with this post. Consequently, I tried to emulate her style in my looks for this past weekend. So here's a look at my attempts to be Boho Chic.

I'm beyond obsessed with this hat, so retro! The Rebecca Taylor peasant blouse  was so righteous for this look. And my golden jewels added the perfect amount of glamour for my overall look. LOVED IT.
These sparkly earring are such a staple to my wardrobe; they add a hint of old school glamour but are versatile enough to wear with a plethora of different outfits. These can take me from "fifties retro housewife" to "hip boho chic."



I ended up wearing my cheetah print flats and my fringed vest (not pictured) to make the look more complex. A notorious minimalism opponent, I love making outfits more complex.  In my humble opinion, I think a complex outfit adheres more to who you are and your personal style.

I think a boho chic style can be easily accomplished. The key is creating a balance between flowy and tight fitting. While my peasant blouse wasn't fitted, my fringe vest gave me more of a figure. I also paired my flowy peasant blouse with black skinnies. And as for accessories? The more the better! I love how the seventies look allows budding fashionistas to pile on necklaces, scarves, bracelets, etc. Now you don't want to overdo it, but I think anyone who tries this look will know when they pushed the envelope a little too far.
For the moment, here's some of my favorite boho staples:

  • A maxi skirt is a MUST. I love this skirt from Urban Outfitters: it's well priced, the print makes it more complex, and the sheer fabric makes it summer appropriate! 
  • While you're buying the skirt at Urban, why don't you pick up a pair of these awesomely flared pants? For those who are intimidated by the bell-bottom trend, these pants are perfect: flare but not too much. And the front pockets are so vintage! 
  • Playsuits are so Studio 54. The crocheted elements of this Aqua number makes the playsuit more casual and almost effortless, which I love!
  • This maxi dress would look so boho chic with layers of necklaces and wedges!
  • If I had this awesome vest, I'd pair it up with high waisted shorts to portray that retro vixen look!
  • This cute little number has such a sick print,  how sick would this look with a brown bomber jacket?
  • Free People is the definition of Boho Chic, in my mind. If you're ever in need of inspiration, hit up a Free People store or their website.
Well, that's all for now. But as they say in Rent,  La Vie Boheme!


xx

No comments:

Post a Comment