Monday 9 May 2011

What's It All About, Alfie?

So my lack of finals- combined with everyone else studying like Mad-Men, packing, and leaving- has led me to use and abuse my new Netflix account. Although I'll always be a BlockBuster kind of girl, I'm so happy that I have hundreds of movies and television episodes at my disposal. Anyways, I watched Alfie - the Jude Law remake- a few days ago and it left me with one thing.

OBSESSED WITH SIENNA MILLER'S LOOK. ALWAYS.

In real life, I think she's a fashionista in her own special way. I'll never forget the Pucci she wore to last year's MET Ball. So haute couture hippie.  Even her street style has this glamorous, yet I-Don't-Really-Care-I'm-Just-Throwing-This-Together, vibe. Personally, clean cut is getting a little bit old. Fashion is totally about experimenting and creating your own personal style, not looking like everyone else. And I think Sienna Miller embodies her own style and what works for her, which I really admire. Of course I'm not saying that everyone should dress just like her, that'd be contradicting what I just said. While there are going to be those Plain Jane's who don't really care about fashion, it's kind of cool to see this chic look of indifference. 

Photo Cred

Of course her style is not perfect, but I really admire her overall look.

Anyways, back to Alfie! 
I haven't been able to find many full shots of her outfits but let me give you an overall idea:
Photo Cred
The clothes? London in the 60's. The hair and makeup? A toned down version of Brigitte Bardot. I just love the nonchalant use of fur.  All of the looks reflected Sienna Miller's personal style, which I loved. If anyone wanted to mimic this Sienna Miller/ Alfie look, I would check out the following brands:
  • Free People: A classic for bohemian.
  • Top Shop: They might have some funky jackets and accessories to create that "oh I just threw this together" look.
  • Emilio Pucci: The use of prints, ruffles, and lace in the brand is a more resort version of Miller's look, but still good!
  • Missoni: The knitwear? Absolutely classic!
  • Haute Hippie: Some of these separates would make extremely awesome looks.
  • The Row: They have some great staples, especially the leather pieces, that would be awesome with oodles of accessories.
  • Halston: Obviously.

Hopefully I'll watch some more movies and blog about more style-spirations. But in the mean time, keep it trendy! 


xx

No comments:

Post a Comment