Thursday 9 June 2011

If Perfect's What You're Searching For, Then Just Stay the Same

Recently, I fell in love with Bruno Mars' songs: no, I don't know why I'm on such a music/fashion craze this summer, but I don't mind. Anyways, I love the range of really deep songs, a la "Grenade", to chill summery songs, like "The Lazy Song." His voice is so silky smooth and I always end up singing with my iPod:



In addition to his music, I truly think he has great man-style. Sure, I'm not the biggest fan of his hair; however, he has this great mix of trendy and classic in his wardrobe. And my thoughts were solidified by a behind-the-scenes look at his Vogue photo shoot.




Add caption
I love how he can wear a skinny-tied suit in Vogue and it looks neither typical nor random. In my mind, his style is the epitome of man-chic. Not to mention, I love his love for hats. So for this blog, ladies and gents, I've decided to pick apart SLASH analyze some classic Bruno Mars looks.
Doesn't this look like it came straight out of an Urban Outfitters' catalog? Or maybe as if it was taken in a Urban Outfitters' changing room? Anyways, I really like this juxtaposition of hipster and toughie. I don't like hiprims, although they do look pretty good on him. If he didn't add that red leather, he would've looked like just another hipster, which sounds rude and I don't mean it to sound rude but conformity is a funny thing. Anyways, the red leather makes this look less hipster and more fashion forward, which I love. And especially red? This guy's definitely willing to have some fun with his looks. (Photo Cred)
 Besides Michael Buble, who honestly wears a suit on tour? Exactly. The fact that he's wearing a suit definitely suggests that he's a class act. The baggy fit and the nontraditional grey suggests that he's funkier than Michael Buble- don't worry Michael, I still love you. (Photo Cred)


Maybe this is the aspiring fashionista in me speaking, but there's something very sexy about a boy who has  an effortlessly chic sense of style. Yes, that's probably my inner fashion slave talking.  BUT THE POINT IS that this is such a prime example of laid back style. Wayfarers add instant male chicness. No really, I think guy's look a million times better them! Anyways, the hat is the perfect amount of trend to counteract the white shirt. Yet, he's not trying too hard (is he trying at all)? Perfect. (Photo Cred)

See?! Now do you understand the Wayfarer effect? Musicians, especially at the Grammys, tend to get very...creative with their looks. I love love LOVE how Mars kept it classy in this suit; however, the unbuttoned shirt and the beautiful sunnies made him the coolest guy at the party. J'adore. (Photo Cred)

All of these pictures made me realize how interesting Bruno Mars' bone structure is... NOW that I've been sufficiently awkward, I will bid you lovely people goodbye!
xx


Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment