Sunday 11 September 2011

The Style Files: Your Past Times Consisted of the Strange and Twisted and Derranged


Every now and then, for no particular reason, you just need a "get angry" song. No, I'm not angry; however, I do really like this song. "Crying Lightning " by The Arctic Monkeys is really catchy and makes me want to start a riot...what? Well, here it is. 



STYLE SPIRATION.

I cannot tell you how many trailers I've seen for I Don't Know How She Does It. It kind of scares me because I feel like this will become my life. But it's also made me think about Sarah Jessica Parker  not as Carrie Bradshaw but as her own person. And let me tell you, she's quite fashionable on her own. I think the reason I like her style is because she never dresses "on trend," she's her own person and she keeps fashion unique and sophisticated.

At a Screening Revolver. I think I like this because it's so weird and casual. The messy knot is the perfect counterpart to al of the leather and fur. She looks super glam, yet effortless. Layering is super chic and I love the all black ensemble. The bag could go, but I love the look! (Photo Cred)
At the 2004 Tony Awards in Dior. Ultimate princess moment. The dress is so regal, yet the mid-calf hemline makes this dress sophisticated instead of sweet sixteen-ish. The classic updo and the black shoes make this look vintage chic, which I'm obsessed with. (Photo Cred)
Rocking some Giambattista Valli at the 2006 National Board of Review of Motion Pictures Gala: This is the perfect example that you can be classy and chic. The silhouette of the red dress is versatile, yet timeless. What really gives this outfit the "wow" factor is that awesome bag. Multi-colored  AND printed? Perfection. This look is both attainable and enviable, which I love.  (Photo Cred)

THE WEEKLY.
  • Keira Knightley at the premiere of A Dangerous Method (Valentino): First of all, this dress is incredible: I love it with a passion of a thousand suns. Anywho, I'm dying over this styling. The simple updo makes this look approachable and the beautiful berry lip? The perfect amount of drama. There's really not much explaining I can do: this look is just amazing.
  • Lea Michele at Jason Wu Spring 2012 RTW (Jason Wu): Lea Michele really bothers me; however, this looks is phenomenal. She did retro chic super well: the black and white combination was flawless. Also, I love her TWO pops of color. The red lip, combined with the soft waves, was gorgeous and the green clutch was fantastic. STYLING DO: When accessorizing with green and red, place them far apart from each other so  the colors truly complement each other and it's not "cheesy Christmas."

This week is super exciting because I'm going BACK to New York for Tibi and a very special interview!

xx

2 comments:

  1. can't wait to read about your coverage at ny fashion week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SJP always looks so fab! I agree...she could have found a better purse in the first photo. Have a great time at TIBI..lucky you, again!

    ReplyDelete