Sunday 4 September 2011

The Style Files: You're the Only One I See



Okay, ever since the VMAs, I'm absolutely OBSESSED with Beyonce's song "Love on Top." I think it's super cute and puts me in the best mood. Beyonce is the best, enough said.




Style-Spiration
So I really think that Selena Gomez is the fountain of youth for style. She keeps it classy and always looks mega youthful. With going back to college and all, I think it's imperative to dress stylish but  not look aged. Miss Gomez, this Style-spiration goes to you.
At the 2008 Alma Awards in Marchesa.  I'm obsessed wit h this dress and the styling is prime. The upper cuff keeps this grecian look current. And the side bun is supreme. The effortlessness is super classy but she doesn't look agaed.  (Photo Cred)
At the MuchMusic Video Awards in Burberry. Jeez. She may look a little too teen with this look and the uber curly hair; however, I do give her credit for mixing up the color situation. While most people do nude shoes and a colored dress, she reversed it. Good going, Selena! (Photo Cred)

Miss Gomez in Marchesa Notte. It's known that a Little Black dress is the epitome of classy;however, the fun shoulders added the PERFECT amount of fun. And the red lip totally spiced up a potentially mature look. I just love how she can add a fashion forward spin to even something so timeless. As a result, her look is new, funky and chic. (Photo Cred)


Well this style-spiration was less-than-perfect, but onto the weekly!
  • Kim Kardashian being glamourous in the Big Apple (I need to figure it  out) :She actually looks flawless. Like, I wish she wore this to her wedding...what? Anyways, it's so flattering on her body and I love this dress paired with the soft waves. The dazzling ,yet , minimal jewels were the perfect finishing touch. Also, dark nails with a ivory dress? To die for! 
  • Diane Kruger at the Ides of March Premiere (Elie Saab): I don't usually use the word marvelous, but this look is truly marvelous. She looks like a beautiful princess! Okay, I'm creepy...let's talk fashion. I love the color, especially with her complexion and hair color. The glitzy bodice and the minimal jewels are a perfect combination. And the effortless hair mixed with the princess silhouette is a perfect juxtaposition. Obsessed. 
  • Julianna Margulies (Carolina Herrera): Gorgeous. I'm a sucker for houndstooth so I went googly-eyes for this skirt. The semi-shear top added some sex appeal to this skirt. Hate to break it to you, but houndstooth isn't very sexy. But with a shear shirt? For sure! And she gets major style points for that fuschia lip, so chic and unexpected! I knew I liked her when  wore that velvet dress... 


xx

No comments:

Post a Comment