Tuesday 11 October 2011

The Finale

It has literally taken me forever to finally get the energy and time to write a runway report for Paris Fashion Week. In my mind, Paris is the perfect location to act as a finish line for Fashion Week. Yes, I may think of Fashion Week as a marathon but that's not the point. The city of lights gives us everything we could ever ask for: glamour, forward thinking, and beyond chic clothes. So let's cut to the chase, shall we?


(Photo Cred)
This collection is absolutely brilliant: I love the juxtaposition between the sharp silhouettes and the ribboned details. The colors are very spring; however, it's not your typical "springtime with pastels" color palette. Overall, the collection is completely cohesive, yet each look is unique. The ball gowns are true show stoppers. Also, doesn't the turquoise and black color combination remind you a lot of the prom scene from Grease? Just saying.

(Photo Cred)
I was listening to the Black Swan soundtrack when I was flipping through this collection; let me just say that the combination was quite fitting! Every single look is absolute perfection. All of the silhouettes are phenomenal and I love the intricate details that accompanied every ensemble. I think this collection truly proves that Sarah Burton is a fabulous designer: she is innovative and this collection is so reminiscent of McQueen's work. In love. L-O-V-E.

(Photo Cred)
For Paris Fashion Week, this is such a wearable collection! The separates are versatile and super chic. Each look is pretty different; however, the gold accents tie the whole collection together. While the silhouettes are rather simple, the detailing really give these looks a "wow" factor. Absolutely incredible.

(Photo Cred)
I always get so excited for Elie Saab's collection because I instantly think, "RED CARPET SEASON." I'm borderline obsessed with the colors, sequins, and overall glamour of the whole collection. Each look is phenomenal and unique. There's not much I can say except for I'm SO excited to see these looks stroll down the red carpet. 

(Photo Cred)
This collection is a complete redemption from Bill Gaytten's horrific Couture Fall 2011 collection. I'm so enamored with the ladylike silhouettes in this collection. The prints that are featured in some of the dresses equals AMAZING. These looks are wearable and I think they could look good on a variety of shapes and sizes. Beautiful! BUT WHO WILL BE DIOR'S NEW DESIGNER? It's killing me.

(Photo Cred)
There are two things that I'm  obsessed with: color and lace. The fact that these two elements are in the same collection literally blew my mind. While this season's collection isn't as classic as Valentino collections usually are, it is FABULOUS.

(Photo Cred)
This collection may not be the most wearable; however, the innovation  is truly remarkable. In my mind, this will be fashion in the future: the shine, the details, and the crazy silhouettes. Welcome to the future, I hope you like it.

Well, ladies and gent, that's the end of the Spring RTW 2012 extravaganza. I hope it was entertaining and informative.




xx

No comments:

Post a Comment