Sunday 9 October 2011

The Style Files: Everyone Else in the Room Can See It

I think simply saying, "I love my friends," is the biggest understatement ever. Whether they're from home or  school, my friends always make me laugh and are the best support system. For example, my school friends and I had a lovely dance party to One Direction's "That's What Makes You Beautiful" earlier this week.  Haven't heard of them? Well you should. They're this British boy band and "That's What Makes You Beautiful" is the best motivational song ever.




STYLE-SPIRATION: 
So I'm watching 500 Days of Summer and, besides gushing over Joseph Gordon-Levitt, I can't help thinking that Zooey Deschanel is the coolest girl in Hollywood. A couple of days ago, my roommate asked, "Why can't I dress like Zooey Deschanel?" I knew exactly what she was getting at. Deschanel's style portrays her personality perfectly: SO cool. Sure, she's had some fashion faux pas in her past, but she's improving!
 At the BAFTA Brits to Watch Gala (Oscar de la Renta): I'm obsessed with this look in general, but Deschanel's "cool" quality makes it even better. This dress is phenomenal and I love the shortened hem. Since this is such a glitzy look, she kept it casual by nixing the jewels. And the beachy waves are the perfect finishing touch.(Photo Cred)

At the Designer Dinners for Gucci, Marchesa, and Celine. I love how she wears tights like it's her job. Most celebrity looks are anti-tights so this is refreshing. The blue is edgy and better than a LBD. The ruffled skirt is so girly and I like it. (Photo Cred)

At the MET Ball After Party (Marni): Okay, maybe this wouldn't be what I'd wear to the MET Ball; however, Deschanel looks so cool. The silhouette is so Audrey, but she makes this look her own by incorporating fun prints. Funky and chic at the same time? WOOHOO. (Photo Cred)


Who doesn't wish they were as cool as Zooey Deschanel?  Anywho...onto the weekly!

THE WEEKLY
  • Emma Stone at The Help premiere in London (LucaLuca): This look is absolutely to die for. The sporadic dots on the dress make the pattern quasi-modern. And I love that silhouette! The sleeves? Ridiculous! The black and white is a beautiful contrast to her red hair and the red lips: I think it's really cool how she still wears red lips even though she's a redhead.  She looks so classic and I love it! 
  • Salma Hayek Pinault at Alexander McQueen Spring RTW 2012 (I wish I knew): This look is supreme. I love the dainty salmon color mixed with the edgy black and gold combination. She piles on the accessories; however, this look is still clean and effortless. How does she do this? I couldn't tell you. 
  • Hailee Steinfeld at Miu Miu Spring RTW 2012 (Miu Miu): Mark my words, Hailee Steinfeld WILL be a style icon.  Her outfits are always age-appropriate, but so ahead of the curve. This look, for example, is FLAWLESS. There's nothing I would change. The girly silhouette works wonderfully with her classic hair and gorgeous makeup. And the coral bodice and the blue clutch complement each other beautifully. She's so awesome.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment