Sunday 16 October 2011

The Style Files: When I Was Young, I Took off Running

So last week, my friend and I went to see Matt Nathanson and Vanessa Carlton at the House of Blues. It was beyond amazing: Matt Nathanson is one of my absolute favorites and Vanessa Carlton's performance gave me a nice walk down memory lane. After the concert, I couldn't stop listening to "Drop to Hold You." I was never a big fan of this song until I heard it live. Now, I'm literally obsessed.



STYLE-SPIRATION: HAILEE STEINFELD
I've said it before and I've said it again, Hailee Steinfeld is the next style icon.  Her style is so edgy, chic, and youthful. At the same time!  Incredible. 

Hailee Steinfeld at the 2011 Golden Globe Awards (Prabal Gurung): It's just SO COOL. The crimped detailing of the Gurung dress is so hip, but the halter silhouette keeps it classy. I love how she has fun with her accessories: the clutch and bangles are super funky, which is so unusual for an awards show! (Photo Cred)
At the 26th Annual Santa Barbara Film Festival (Alberta Ferretti): I usually hate red accessories; however, I'm so smitten with this look. The lace on that Ferretti dress is GORGEOUS, yet the short hemline keeps it young. Besides the red shoes and clutch- phenomenal, by the way- she keeps the hair and makeup simple which is a STYLE DO. (Photo Cred)
At Miu Miu Fall RTW 2011 (Miu Miu): This look is so glamorous:  I just wish I was her. The dress is beautiful and classic. But, in true Hailee style, she spices this look up with awesome shoes and a super fierce clutch. That sleek ponytail? Incredible.(Photo Cred)

I kind of hate how she's younger than me, yet she still has the best style. Now, onto the weekly! 

THE WEEKLY
  • Amber Heard at the premiere for The Rum Diary (Elie Saab): Well, this is the epitome of old school vixen. She looks absolutely incredible. The dress is outstanding and the high silt is sexy without crossing the line. The up-do keeps this look classy, which I love. I'm really glad she didn't accessorize this look very much: the lack of jewels keeps the focus on the amazing silhouette. 
  • Rose Byrne at CAA's Young Hollywood Party (Manning Cartell): I'm obsessed with Byrne's bohemian vibe. The way her bob juxtaposes the tiered skirt and cross-body bag is genius! I do wish she had cooler shoes, since she didn't have funky jewels. Regardless, this look is lovely! 
  • Charlize Theron at an Africa Outreach Project event (Dior): Unbelievable. This sheath is so classic; however, the detailing gives such a classic silhouette some funk. The accessories are intricate, yet they don't overpower this awesome dress. Keeping her hair and makeup simple is also a major STYLE DO. Fabulous! 

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment