Sunday 30 October 2011

The Style Files: I'm Coming 'Round When They Don't Know the Facts

Music-wise, this was a very solid week. Not only was Michael Buble's Christmas album released, but Coldplay's Mylo Xyloto was as well! I've been very into Coldplay lately: the band's music is laid back but still has some edge. My absolute favorite song from this album is called "Hurts like Heaven." The cool thing about this song is that it's nothing like the rest of the album. It's upbeat and extremely catchy so here it is!







STYLE-SPIRATION: NICKI MINAJ

In honor of Halloween, I wanted to dedicate this Style-Spiration to Nicki because she only wears costumes.  Is she the chicest person ever? No. Do I like her outfits? Not really. But she does one thing that many people don't: dress how she wants and doesn't care who likes it. And when someone gets to sit next to Anna Wintour at Fashion Week, you know she's a big deal.

(Photo Cred)



Nicki at the 2011 Grammys (Givenchy): Well... she's very cheetah-licous. Obviously, one should never wear so much cheetah; however, her swag makes this look come off as cool. Also, that fuchsia lip is fabulous! (Photo Cred)



Nicki at Hot 97's ThanksgivingThank You Concert (The Blonds): This look is a little crazy; however, I kind of love the social implications. I'm thinking this is one of her saner outfits and it's interesting: half classy, half  Nicki.(Photo Cred)

Nicki at the 2011 AMA Nomination Ceremony (Cia. Maritima): To be perfectly honest, I hate everything about this look. Well, that's a lie: her hair is okay. This is  just a very very bad combination of pieces. But does Nicki care? Nope. She wears her outfit with complete confidence. (Photo Cred)


Now onto the weekly! 
THE WEEKLY 

  • Cat Deeley at a Chanel Party (I'd assume Chanel): This look is awesome because it's both sophisticated and chic. The pastel color scheme is so classic and I love the silhouette: long sleeves are a almost always win in my book. The semi-sheer skirt makes this outfit somewhat sexy. Deeley accessorized this dress beautifully: the modern shoes de-frumpatizes the dress. By keeping the hair down, Deeley keeps this look current.
  • Fan Bingbing at the Tokyo International Film Festival (Jason Wu): This outfit is mind-blowingly amazing. This Jason Wu collection is stunning and the styling tactics are incredible. Those sparkling shoes with this ladylike silhouette is outstanding. I love that she kept her hair and makeup clean. Brava! 
  • Lauren Conrad at the Autumn Party (BCBG MaxAzria): Obsessed.  Conrad's hair and makeup is so retro, which I love. The pink lip was the perfect dash of color for this neutral outfit.  Also, I love how she played around with different types of textures. Good job! 


xx

No comments:

Post a Comment