Sunday 15 January 2012

The Style Files: Baby I Paint the Sky Blue, My Favorite Creation is You

This week, a star was born. Her name? Blue Ivy. While there's a lot of talk about Bey and Jay's hospital take-over, I'm so glad the princess of hip-hop is here. And shall we talk about Jay-Z's latest song, "Glory"? All I can say is that I wish my dad wrote a rap when I was born.








THE STYLE FILES: Edie Campbell
I think that Edie Campbell truly perfects the whole "I just threw on this ensemble but I still look fabulous" look. From her perfectly oversized clothes to her casual, long locks, Campbell always looks perfectly imperfect. And let's face it: being perfect is only fun for a little while.
At the launch of LuLu&Co  (Lousie Gray): I'm going crazy about the striped maxi dress. Horizontal stripes are so hard to pull off; however, the fit of this dress makes it work. The fierce makeup adds an extra amount of glam to this casual outfit. Also, the subtle red shoe? Phenomenal. (Photo Cred)
At the Brit Fashion Awards (Kinder Aggugini): Speaking about maxi dresses, I'm obsessed with the styling of this one. The contrast between the silk printed dress and mohair jacket is to die for. Definitely a must for the winter!  (Photo Cred)
A more casual look: This definitely hits the fashion nail on the head. This look is so effortless;; however, she looks super chic. I love any  long-sleeved mini dresses, but the white is super dainty and ethereal. Mixed with her long locks? Forget about it.  (Photo Cred)



THE WEEKLY 
  • Rooney Mara at the Dragon Tattoo premiere in Rome (Valentino): Breath-taking. Literally, I was so amazed by this look. My jaw dropped: too far? Well, it happened. The extravagant silhouette, especially in that Valentino red is phenomenal. As always, Mara keeps every look clean with  her short do. She's literally the perfect person to wear such amazing pieces.
  • Emma Stone at the National Board of Review Awards Gala (J.Mendel): I love a clean-cut Emma Stone. This looks is so classic and I love how the criss-cross detailing gives this look the pop it needs. The shoes give this look some spice; however, they are not abrasive. The sleek updo and red lip makes this look timeless.
  • Ginnifer Goodwin at the People's Choice Awards (Roksanda Ilinic): I was really disgusted by almost every look at the 2012 People's Choice Awards, which is why I decided not to blog about it, but I loved this look. I'm obsessed with the modern-day pagoda sleeve, especially in this beautiful hot pink. Stunning. The longer hemline screams mature while the studded Jimmy Choo is the epitome of young glamazon. 
  • Kristen Dunst at the 2012 Critic's Choice Awards (Dior): Gorgeous. I love the deconstructed feel of this dress: so edgy, yet gorgeous. The beauty tactics work beautifully with the dress. The messy hair matches the dress to a T. Also, the bright pink lip is the perfect wow factor. Bravo!  

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment