Friday 10 February 2012

It's the Little Things That Count

Don't let the glitz and glamour fool you: being a fashion girl is a trying lifestyle. The constant pressure to look and act fabulous can make you feel like you're sitting at rock bottom. And don't even get me started about fashion week. Pure craziness.  All of these pressures makes it incredibly easy to freak out all of the time about everything.  Sometimes, a fashion girl needs something effortlessly amazing to appreciate. Enter ornate accessories. In my opinion, detailled accessories will never go out of style. The richness and innovation can look super luxe or really edgy, with some hardcore pieces. Lately, I've been snagging some gorgeously detailled pieces that need to be put in the spotlight.
This new bracelet is currently the love of my life. Too far? No. Surprisingly enough, I got this gem from a small store in North Conway. It's super delicate, which means it's perfect for stacking on with other bracelets. On the other hand, the horses are loud enough that they can stand on their own. Versatile and interesting: just what I like! 

Are you dying over this Alexander McQueen scarf? I definitely am! My mom, sister, and I spotted this one at Harrod's and I literally could not resist it. Like a moth to a flame, like a moth to a flame. The print is very different from Alexander McQueen's later work. You know, the one with the skulls? I love how this is different than a lot of the McQueen pieecs I've seen in my day. 

 A loafer's effortless mix of masculinity and versatility has been intriguing me lately. When I went to Topshop and saw these tan loafers,  I felt like I was in shoe heaven. The gold sparks? The perfect way to finish off a loafer. Wearing these with an all-black ensemble is perfection in an outfit. Obsessed. 
Um... are there words to describe these pieces?

I know that dainty pieces can seem a little "matronly" at times, but they don't have to be! . For a youthful look, it's all about dark colors and edgy textures. In a slew of tough apparel, these little trinkets can really make you stop and appreciate the little things in life.
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment