Sunday 12 February 2012

The Style Files: Because We are, We are the Shining Stars

Without a doubt, Fun is one of my favorite bands of the moment. I'm so excited for their new album, Some Nights, which comes out in a couple of weeks. They recently released this song on You Tube and I love it.  Oh and another thing, Glee has nothing on Fun. Absolutely nothing.





STYLE SPIRATION: Whitney Houston 
By now, everyone's heard of Whitney Houston's tragic death. While I wasn't alive during her musical height, her legacy and talent is undeniable. Yes, Whitney wasn't famous for her fashion; however, I wanted to open up this section to honoring the great icon. 
How phenomenal does Whitney look?  The flowing A-line skirt plus the big bow screams 1980's.. .and I kind of love it.The tight curls keeps this look refreshing and youthful.  (Photo Cred)
Okay, so this look may be a little bit...outdated; however,  I'm drawn to this like a mouth to a flame. The combination of a saloon-inspired skirt and a diva-licious, sequined top is so divine.  This look could've been terrible, but Whitney's effortless approach to outfit made this incredible. (Photo Cred)
Even in her later years, Whitney could still rock a phenomenal sequined frock. The use of minimal jewels as well as the super glam hair and makeup is inspiring. (Photo Cred)

THE WEEKLY 
  • Olivia Palermo at the Carlo Pazolini Party (Not Determined): Can we even talk about the edginess of this outfit? Love.  The two-toned trousers are absolutely out-of-this-world amazing. I love how Olivia mixed the leather blazer with that metallic sweater. Such a stellar combination. Even though there's a huge array of tones and colors, it's not abrasive. On the contrary, the yellow clutch provides a splash of color. Perfection.
  • Solange Knowles at the Runway to Win Launch Party (Vera Wang): Oh my fashion gods, I'm literally so obsessed with this look. It's not even funny. The feminine print plus the use of peplum? Fashgasm. The perfect blend of sexiness and style.And that red lip? Beyond stellar.
  • Rose Byrne at Sandro's NYC Boutique Launch (Sandro): Gorgeous. Rose is such a stylish superstar and I love this play with black and nude. The whole look is really subtle and focuses on the craftsmanship of each piece. I  also don't love her bob, so I'm liking this alternative. Fantastic.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment