Sunday 25 March 2012

The Style Files: You Took Your Time with the Call, I Took No Time with the Fall

I think this is officially my "tween throwback" phase. This whole week, I've been shamelessly addicted to Carly Rae Jepsen's "Call Me  Maybe."  Be warned: if you listen to it once, you'll never stop.



Style Spiration: January Jones
I always believe that everything you do (and wear) should be fun: life is too short to be boring. January Jones perfectly encompasses this philosophy in her style. You'll be bored of her when pigs fly. In honor of Mad Men's anticipated return- no, I don't watch the show- I'm dedicating this week's Style Spiration to the girl who always makes fashion exciting.
At the 2009 Emmy Awards (Versace): January Jones wore peplums before it was cool. I love the subtle  peplum with the uber glam skirt. The sweetheart neckline paired with the revealing details mixes feminine and fierce into a super luxe bodice. The minimal jewels adds a hint of delicacy to this ensemble.(Photo Cred)
At the 2009 SAG Awards (Carolina Herrera): One of my favorite looks from the night! The Herrera dress is so classic; however, her futuristic hair rejuvenates this look. Also, I love black and gold with her complexion. Minimal jewels was a smart move: over accessorizing would've been overbearing.  (Photo Cred)
Anyone who can make flip flops chic is on my good list. She looks so chic and  comfortable in those printed pants and the lace embellished top.  The bagginess of each piece gives off a very nonchalant vibe that I'm loving. (Photo Cred)


The Weekly 
  • January Jones at the TimesTalks Mad Men event: Mixing and matching textures never goes out of style. The lace blouse, leather pants, and suede heels create this fashion forward blend. Usually, I hate when black and brown are styled together, but the mixed textures makes it quirky. Jones' sleek updo and feminine makeup puts all the focus on the awesome outfit.
  • Elizabeth Olsen in Brooklyn (AG Adriano Goldshmied): I'm such a sucker for street style and Elizabeth Olsen nails it.  Cognac in the spring time? I'm totally obsessed. In my humble opinion, leather vests are chic all year around. The proportion between  oversized, white button down and the leather vest creates this effortless and disheveled glamour. Honestly, I just wish I was an Olsen.
  • Jennifer Lawrence at Late Night with David Letterman (Prabal Gurung): Well ladies and gent, the girl on fire is still on fire. This black and metallic number is very different from her sexy red carpet looks. I love the way her mesh heels work with lace-inspired detailing. Her half-up hairdo is so reminiscent of Brigitte Bardot, I'm smitten. I just want to give whoever her stylist is a big hug: she's bringing back sexy, contemporary glamour.
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment